FACC’s several categories of support for children and youth in State or Tribal custody are detailed below. These programs are intended to support children’s needs that are not otherwise provided for. Therefore, applicants must demonstrate that funding has been requested from OCS or Tribal resources prior to submitting an application for funding to FACC. EXCEPTION: Requests for bikes do not have to go through OCS as OCS no longer provides funding for them.
OCS Special Needs Hotline
Grant applications must be completed on behalf of the child/youth by the CASA, GAL, Tribal representative, or OCS case worker through the FACC website or website forms down-loaded, completed, and mailed.
The Children and Family Needs Committee strives to respond to each application within ten (10) days of receipt. Payments on approved grants typically take seven (7) to fourteen (14) days to process.
Approved grants are paid on a reimbursement basis to the applicant and receipts are required. In the case of camperships or other costly requests, grants may be paid directly to the organization.
If you believe you have a situation that might qualify for an exemption to FACC guidelines, please complete the appropriate application and include details about, and reasons for, the requested exemption.
Campership grants are for a child or youth’s participation in group educational experiences and programs. These experiences or programs could include summer camps, cultural, sports, or arts camps, sports programs such as soccer, volleyball, or football leagues, community band or orchestra, art and theater programs, and may include individual art/music lessons or one-time league memberships and related equipment/materials.
- One campership per child/youth per fiscal year.
- Total spent per child/youth will not exceed $500 per fiscal year.
- Eligible expenses may include enrollment or registration fees, travel and per-match competition fees. Supplies that are necessary for the program involved, and generally useful specifically for that program, also are eligible. For example, football pads required to participate.
Mini-grants are intended to cover items such as supplies and gear needed for sports and enrichment activities, tutors, special needs for clothing, or other children or youth needs described and supported, in writing, by the applicant. Each child/youth is eligible for up to $500 in mini-grants per fiscal year.
Families often have unique rules surrounding the use of electronics, and the risks inherent in social media, gaming, etc. Therefore, if you are requesting electronics, please note that FACC has developed specific funding criteria:
To qualify, applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- The device must be solely for therapeutic, educational, or OCS approved family contact needs.
- For family contact, that no other phone/device is available to the child/youth to provide OCS approved family contact and other options for providing contact have been exhausted.
- No funding is available for devices for which another entity, such as OCS, tribal resources, or the school, is legally responsible.
- Prior to purchase, FACC must have written approval, confirmation of internet access, and agreement to supervise use for the intended purpose from the current foster/family placement or family of origin – Placement Family Agreement.
FACC offers support to children and youth’s family of origin, including relatives, such as meals and activities, and children/youth furnishings as FACC funds allow. Funding requests must detail how the support requested will benefit the child(ren)/youth. Each family is eligible for $500 in grants per fiscal year.
Children and Family Needs Grant Recipient Expectations
It is the expectation of FACC, and those from whom we are ever grateful to receive donations, that any and all items provided by FACC are to remain with the child/youth on whose behalf the support was awarded. If for some reason the child/youth who received support from FACC has a change in residence, we ask that the support(s) provided (such as clothing, bikes, musical instruments, sports gear, paid camp tuition, furniture) are sure to stay with the child or youth for their continued benefit. If for some reason, this is not possible, we ask that you reach out to FACC for other options so that we may ensure benefit to another child or youth in care. To reach us, please email: email@example.com.
Thank you for your understanding of FACC’s Mission, our intentions and our expectations surrounding grant awards.